Event and Project Coordinator
Delaware County Fair Society, Inc is looking for a creative, detail oriented and energetic candidate to join our team of dedicated staff and board members to help create, promote and bring to fruition new and existing events and projects. Under the direction of the Manager, the Event and Project Coordinator will help plan and execute existing events, create new events, facilitate rental of the facilities, help plan sub-events during the fair and help grow the overall business of the fair and facilities.
- 40 hours per week
- Weeknight and weekend availability
- Comp time schedule
- Friendly work environment
- Indoor and outdoor position
- Uphold the credibility of the Delaware County Fair Society through professionalism and integrity.
- Communicate with the Manager, Board of Directors and other staff to meet goals of the project/event.
- Exhibit exemplary customer service through email, phone and face-to-face communication with investors, colleagues and the public.
- Create and manage new and existing off-season events.
- Monitor calendar of events to ensure no duplications of rental events.
- Attend off season events to create efficiencies and prepare for smooth operation of events.
- Aid in the creation and distribution of marketing efforts for the Fair and other off season events including assistance with social media accounts, live radio interviews, press releases, etc.
- Manage an event budget to ensure goals of financial productivity of each event are met.
- Oversee large construction/maintenance projects to meet budget and deadlines.
- Work with maintenance and janitorial staff to prioritize staffing to meet event deadlines.
- Handle various administrative tasks as assigned by the Manager.
- Attend professional development training courses or conferences.
- Attend International Association of Fairs and Expos and Association of Iowa Fairs Conferences, or other educational meetings if directed.
- Attend meetings of the Delaware County Fair Society Board of Directors, committee, and various meetings as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent phone and in-person etiquette while being hospitable, patient and friendly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A self-starter, able to manage and work on multiple projects in a team environment setting.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office/365 and other computer software (iMovie, Canva, Quickbooks or comparable etc.)
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Exhibit exemplary customer service skills.
- Prioritization and time-management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and impending deadlines.
- Ability to establish and cultivate effective relationships with co-workers, rental clients, the public, and Board of Directors.
- Ability to implement innovative and impactful marketing tactics.
- Willingness to work both inside and outside as events dictate.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds to aid in set up and tear down of events.
- Ability to work in a team setting to accomplish a goal.
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends as events dictate.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality (Failure to do so will result in termination)
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to the attention: Delaware County Fair Society Manager at P.O. Box 243, Manchester Iowa 52057.